I really feel very honored that these two bloggers think I am worthy. Thanks, EvaNadine and Kari! You guys are awesome! I'm supposed to tell 7-10 random things about myself for these awards, so here we go:
- I was a Navy Brat growing up and I changed schools every 2 years.
- I'm addicted to Q-tips even though Rand is constantly telling me how unsafe it is to use them.
- I once rode my bike 500 miles across the state of Iowa with my family and 20 thousand other cyclists.
- I love zombies, dinosaurs, and all things "end of the world" related.
- Following up on #4, I stockpiled for Y2K just for fun and then promptly went to New Orleans to party for that New Years.
- I read every night before I go to bed. Right now I am reading World War Z: an oral history of the zombie war (see #4 above)
- I take a bubble bath every night too.
- Every year I get a little more "green." Recently, an old roomate/friend asked me "Where did this hippie came from? You used to make fun of the treehuggers when we lived in Austin."
- I love games: Scrabble, Cranium, gin, spades, etc. But I'm not overly competitive. Winning is nice, but playing is the part I like best.
- I find that putting money into my savings account is just as much fun as shopping. Once, I even went on a savings spree, like a shopping spree, where I transferred money too many times over the course of a month and ended up overdrawing my checking account b/c all my money was in my savings account.
Finally, Kathryn of Thrifty Schoolmarm presented me with this award.
I am supposed to tell 3 things that I like about myself, and post one of my favorite pictures, so here we go
- I can always see both sides of an issue.
- I am very even -keeled. It takes a lot to ruffle me.
- I'm very silly and not afraid to act like a fool.
Thank you, Kathryn. That was a lot of fun! (BTW, I am super jealous of that artichoke you had for dinner the other day.)
I would like to pass the awards on to: